Monday, November 1, 2010

The headaches:

Having had headaches most if not all of my teen years and all of my adult life it doesn't come as a shock to me any longer.  What does come as a shock is that I can't get the right combination of medicines, or rescue medicine to finally go a day without one.  Can I get a collective GRRRRRR  Its been what just over 2 weeks since my TIA? And I have had a headache or a migraine everyday since. <<insert another grrrrr here>>> I know that my neurologist said I have to give the blood pressure medicine time to work, but I am getting impatient.  I guess impatience goes with the territory when having FMD, since there are more questions than answers with this disease.  What else does not come as a shock is having a headache everyday for so long (meaning having repeated heads for weeks on end), I have gone on like this before, not knowing any better.  But I now know better and that it is my FMD that causes my headaches.  And just a reminder in case your new to my blog or need a refresher FMD stands for Fibromuscular Dysplasia- a rare or rarely diagnosed non-inflamitory vascular disease for more information please visit this web site http://www.fmdsa.org/
So anyway the point, well the point is, I keep having these headaches, and in the past as annoying and miserable as they would make me, I could fight through them.  I am not having the same luck now.  Its ticking me off.  My focus isn't there, my fatigue is higher, my crabbyness level is off the charts and I feel like i need and IV drip line of caffeine.  Speaking of caffeine THEY wanna take away my RED BULL!  So now not only do I have to quit smoking, yes I know I should have already done this and its an evil horrible addiction, but on top of that they want  me to give up Red Bull too.  So I guess this blog goes with the one entitiled anger and frustration.  HOW IN THE HECK AM I SUPPOSED TO CHANGE ALL OF THIS STUFF AT ONCE?  Here is the list of things I need to do to hopefully survive FMD longer:
Quit smoking (I agree fully)
Lose 50lbs (okay but could I get credit for the 34 I've already lost to the other rare disease I have MALS)
Exercise more (fine cause chasing after 3 kids is never enough)
Eat right (okay doing that and I hardly eat due to the MALS again)
Lower stress (really some explain how this is possible after you come over and we have a nice long chat)
Okay now after you have read this list I must tell you I have been told NOT to do any strenous exercise that can raise my heart rate to high, no weight lifting, no softball, no skiing, no contact sports, nothing at all that could potentially cause me to strain my neck in anyway.  Guess I can walk and swim and golf in the middle of January in Minnesota sounds like a blast... NO NO I'm not negative at all really I'm not... Just bitter party of one.
  Finally I have no clue where I was going anymore on all of this so I think I will close by saying please feel free to book mark my blog in your favorites as I will not be posting it to my facebook wall every time I write any longer.  I think enough people now know I have a blog and I don't feel its necessary do it every time so considers this a heads up.  Secondly and MOST importantly MWVA got into the Pepsi Refresh Project so PLEASE please please please go vote everyday, we need this money for research and our support group! It only takes a minute and I would be ever so grateful! Oh and pass it on to your friends and your friends friends! Thank you  http://www.refresheverything.com/search/?q=Mwva
Love to all Peace! Chano

2 comments:

Leanne said...

Yes honey, you get credit for everything you do and have done so far. I know it sucks to give up all this stuff, but it makes me happy to think you will around longer to grow old with me ;-)
I hope tomorrow is a better day (and if not tomorrow, maybe the next day)...I love you baby and you know MWVA has my vote every day! :-D

Unknown said...

Hoping the bad days get fewer and fewer for you!! GRRRRRR!!! Love you and just want things to get better...I will continue to read your blog hoping one day soon there will be GOOD news posted!